Whether you are hosting a gala dinner, or a live music performance, lighting will be critical to the success of your event. The right lighting can help to impress and WOW your audience, as well as accentuating your design theme and providing practical benefits. Wall lighting should be an important consideration for your event, as this can be useful for a number of purposes. So what are the wall lighting options for events? And what are the advantages of effective wall lighting? Well, here at Light Design, we are leading event lighting and design professionals. And this is our guide to everything you should know about wall lighting.
What are the different wall lighting options for events?
There are a number of different ways to illuminate walls inside and outside of your event venue. These include:
Colour wash- colour wash lighting can be used to illuminate the entire wall, in whichever colour is most applicable to your event decor. You can also switch between lighting colours at different points in the event. This can be very helpful for providing visual social cues to your guests, such as when to sit down and when to move around at a conference or award ceremony.
- Uplighting- uplighting is the lighting technique that involves illuminating a space from underneath, casting the light upwards towards the ceiling. For wall lighting, this can be a subtle, yet effective, way to add ambient lighting to corridor walls or other space. This can also be used externally, to illuminate any architectural features that your venue may have.
- Projection mapping- projection mapping is the art of using multiple projectors to project light onto a surface, creating an interactive, impressive display. This can even be used to create 3D effects that will really amaze your guests. However, this can be a more expensive option, and you will need to consider the space available.
- Video walls- another way to illuminate a wall inside your venue is to install a video wall. This can display images and video content to your audience, including simple or complex visual lighting patterns.
What are the advantages of effective wall lighting?
Effective wall lighting at your event may not be considered as important as the stage lighting, but it is still a crucial part of any event lighting. This is because:
- Wall lighting makes up a considerable portion of ambient lighting- getting the tone of the lighting right at your event is essential. You don’t want the lighting to be too bright, but you also need it to be bright enough for practical reasons. Wall lighting is the perfect way to indirectly illuminate the space and strike the perfect balance.
- Wall lighting adds visual interest- wall lighting can be interesting and interactive for your guests, as well as being visually impressive. This can be used to accentuate your design theme and really bring your event to life.
For more information or advice, get in touch with the professionals today, here at Light Design.