Organising and planning for any gala dinner can be a real challenge. But one thing you shouldn’t overlook is the lighting. The right lighting can ensure the success of any event, but for a gala dinner, lighting is absolutely vital. Your event will probably move from a sit down meal, to live entertainment. And as such, the lighting will be crucial to set the tone, and get the right response from your guests. But LED screens are often overlooked when thinking about lighting for your gala dinner, and this shouldn’t be the case. So, why should you consider hiring LED screens for your gala dinner? And what kind of advantages can they bring? Well, here at Light Design, we are leading lighting and design experts. And this is our guide to everything you should know about using LED screens at a gala dinner.
Should you consider hiring LED screens for your gala dinner?
So, why should you think about using LED screens at a gala dinner? Well, there are a number of reasons, including:
- Flexible sizes – LED screens are available in a range of sizes, and can even be joined together to make larger screens. So if you want a real feature in your venue, you could consider installing a large LED screen to capture attention and make a statement.
- Useful information – if you have an itinerary of events, or you want to highlight a guest speaker, or a key sponsor, LED screens can be a great option. LED screens can display anything you need them to, from video content, to static text or scrolling text, so you can deliver useful information to your guests, at any point.
- Reach more of your audience – once the live entertainment starts, it can be a good idea to live stream the events on stage, to different screens around the venue. If the bar is in a separate room for example, your guests will be able to see what is going on, without being in the same room. This can really give your gala dinner a touch of class, and helps to keep all of your guests involved and engaged in the performance.
- Colour theme – if your event has a colour theme, LED screens can be programmed to display the desired colour, at the right time to help create a cohesive colour system. But at the same time, these LED screens can change colour, whenever you need them to. This can be helpful to indicate different things to your audience.
- Show off your sponsors – is your gala dinner a sponsored event? Why not use LED screens to advertise your sponsors? You could show video footage, or just the company logo, to really give your sponsors the attention and spotlight they deserve.
- Auctions and charity – if your gala dinner is an event for charity, LED screens can be incredibly useful. For charity auctions, the LED screen can help indicate how much has been raised, and how much you intend to raise, in an easy and audience friendly way. Alternatively, you could use the LED screens to show video content about the charity itself, and the great work it does. This could help you increase the amount of donations received.
For professional lighting design and equipment, get in touch with the team today, here at Light Design Ltd.