Hosting any live theatrical event means you need to do a lot of organising. From the venue to the set design, the audio to the lighting, everything needs to be perfect. And when it comes to professional lighting, we are the team you can count on, here at Light Design Ltd. We provide a range of top quality equipment from trusted manufactures, as well as programmable lighting and experienced lighting technicians. But what should you expect from professional lighting for your musical? And why should you choose us, here at Light Design?
So, what should professional lighting for your musical involve? Well, there are several things you should consider, including:
- Video walls – if you have a large stage to light, video walls can be a great option. These can be as big or as small as you need to them to be, and can even be built into your set design, so that different sections for the stage will be illuminated. For the audience, this can help to create focal points on stage.
- Light and video synchronisation – For transitions during your musical, you will undoubtedly want to change the lighting to match. This is a great way to attract the attention of the audience too, and to ensure that your lighting pairs well with the plot and story within the musical. With light and video synchronization, you can change the video wall display, along with the lighting, at the same time, to create a cohesive lighting effect.
- Spotlights – for any live show, like a musical production, spotlights are a great way to illuminate people on the stage, and highlight their movements and actions. Many spotlights can be used at once, to highlight dancers and choreographed routines. Or just one can be used to really focus attention on a solo performer, and increase the sense of drama and awe. Spotlights that change colour, and change effect can also be a great option for any musical production.
Why should you choose Light Design?
So, why should you work with Light Design for your professional musical lighting? Well, there are a number of reasons, including:
- We can create the right atmosphere – at different points of your musical, you will undoubtedly want to create an emotional connection to your audience. Whether you want them to feel positive and energised, or emotional, lighting is the key to really unlocking this connection with the audience. And here at Light Design, we have a wealth of experience, and all the right equipment, to get this right each and every time.
- We provide programmable timeline editing – the most important part of stage lighting is getting the timing absolutely right. And programmable timeline editing can be the perfect lighting option to make sure that your show goes off without a hitch. This will ensure that your lighting changes happen at the exact moment you need them to, and not a moment too soon, or too late. For the audience, this is a crucial part of helping to suspend disbelief, and really become absorbed in the performance on stage.
For effective musical lighting solutions, why not get in touch with the professionals today, here at Light Design?