For a range of events, a video wall can be a great addition. From music events, and live theatre, to conferences and gala dinners, a video wall can bring a range of advantages and benefits, when it is installed and used correctly. There are a number of details, and technicalities to consider when it comes to video walls, and that’s why its always a good idea to work with a professional team, like us here at Light Design Ltd. With our expertise, experience, and skills, we can ensure that you get the most out of your video wall.
Top tips for video wall success
So, how can you be sure that your video wall will be a good fit for your event? And what should you consider when planning to install and use a video wall? Well, there are a number of things, including:
- the purpose of the video wall
- the size of the space
- the video wall content
The purpose of the video wall
Video walls can be a great way to attract attention, and look visually stunning, but to really make the most out of your investment, your video wall needs to have a well designed purpose. This will help you to evaluate the impact of the video wall, and also to be able to include the video wall itself, in your plans for the event. For example:
- a video wall can be a great entrance feature for an event, showing event sponsors, an event itinerary, and even directions
- a video wall at a conference can be used by the speaker to use visuals to emphasize their message
- video walls at music events can be used to create stunning visual effects that really enhance the audience experience
The size of the space
An important consideration is the size and the use of the space itself. In a room that is too small, or where your guests will be in very close proximity to the video wall, they may not get the full visual effect to the same extent that they would in a large room where they could see the wall from a distance. However, a video wall that is too small will not attract attention, while for an interactive video wall, proximity is key to success. So it all depends on your purpose, and the space you have available. Video walls are available in a range of sizes, so be sure to choose something that suits the size of the space you have available.
The content for the video wall
Installing a video wall is a great idea, if you follow the two steps above. But actually using the video to display content to your audience is the next stage. And this requires more planning, and more technical know how. The video wall itself is only as useful as the content you show. So here are some tips for the video wall content:
- Keep your message short and to the point. Don’t feel like you should write paragraphs or chunks of text, because the chances are, these wont be read. Instead, limit your word count to a sentence or two.
- Optimise your images or video content so that they are the right size for the screen, and dont appear blurry or undefined.
For more information or advice, get in touch with the professionals today, here at Light Design.