About Light Design Ltd
We are an established Lighting Video SFX and Staging Hire Company working within the Live Events industry, based in Essex (CM12 9SN) and have been trading for over 16 years.
Due to large growth within our company, we are now looking to expand our team and continue to develop our business and are looking for hard working, enthusiastic staff to join our team
The Job Overview
We are looking for a Warehouse Events Manager to work within our team in the Live Events sector. Ideal candidates should have both technical and management experience with a skill base in Lighting, Video and Staging equipment. The right candidate should be self-motivated, hardworking and ambitious and be a key team player with good communication skills and be client facing.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Warehouse Events Manager your duties will include: –
- Supervise all staff for whom you are responsible and ensure those employees carry out the tasks within their job description to the company standard.
- Oversee and assist in the equipment preparation, testing, and checking
- Manage and oversee the efficiency of the company assets using our rental system Current RMS to ensure it is used effectively as is at the centre of all company rentals,
- Produce and manage weekly logistics schedules, including but not limited to finalising van loading and vehicle allocations, managing loading in and load out times, booking relevant crew, drivers and organising departure times, venue information and details of all appropriate personnel and crew.
- Manage the flow of communication through the business, ensuring every department has the information they need well in advance, enabling them to carry out their job roles effectively.
- Oversee company service standards and monitor client satisfaction.
- Liaise with office management with ordering process for all equipment and consumables.
- Ensure all required items are stocked appropriately, and all storage areas meet health and safety standards.
- Manage the company operational procedures, ensuring that all staff are adhering to the details and that the systems for which you are responsible continue to flow smoothly.
- Work with senior management, helping the company to consistently grow and improve in all areas;
- Take control of events during busy period and act as the project manager on these events, while also training your team to take on these projects in the future,
- Setting-up / Operating and/or working on Live Events
- De-rigging and checking equipment back into the warehouse
Qualifications and Skills
Have a good understanding of the workings and running or the AV industry including Lighting, Video, Projection and IT.
. Experience or knowledge in aspects of productions.
• Systematic and organised approach to all areas of work.
• Ability to work under pressure and resolve issues diplomatically and calmly.
. To be prepared to take on responsibility.
• Strong leadership skills and an ability to motivate a team to achieve the goals of the business.
• Exceptional written and spoken communication and an enthusiasm to demonstrate this in client facing situations.
• Excellent time management and an ability to prioritise and delegate effectively.
Full Clean UK Driving Licence is essential along with your own transport due to our location
You should be able to display that you regularly use your own initiative and common sense and are hardworking, as this position is a hands on role, You should also be able to demonstrate attention to detail in your work.
As you will be part of a team, you should have a good positive and happy attitude.
Ability to work additional and unsocial long hours on events when required due to the nature of the events industry..
You must have the capability to carry and lift equipment and staging from vans to venues.
Excellent opportunity to work within the live lighting, video industry learning new skills. Training and support will be supplied for the right candidate
Salary £25,000 – £30,000 (depending on experience) Ample opportunity for regular overtime
Holidays 28 Days (inc Bank Holidays)
Company Pension Scheme
Job Type: Full-time 42 Hours a week
- Live Event production and equipment management: 2 year (Preferred) or evidence of management skills in this area
Applications with cv and supporting letter are invited to be sent to:
Sue Bushnell – Office/Finance Manager
M: 07931 330475
T: 020 3371 9989