If you’re hosting a fashion show or event, you’ll probably already know that one of the most crucial factors for success is the quality of the lighting and effective light design. Not only do you need illumination for your audience, but you also need specific lighting types and rigs to make sure that your clothes and models can be seen in the perfect light. Here at Light Design, we are leading industry experts when it comes to stage production and event lighting. This includes fashion shows and events. As a result, we have produced this guide to light design for fashion shows.
The importance of effective light design for fashion shows
Making sure you make the right lighting choices for your fashion show can bring a range of advantages, including:
- Making sure presentation of the clothes is perfect. Colours and tones change under different lighting, and for any fashion show or event, it is essential that your colours and clothes are revealed exactly the way you planned, with exactly the right amount of light and shadow. Incorrect illumination can completely ruin a design, or a fashion show in general.
- Perfect lighting for photography. While secret events with no photography allowed are becoming increasingly popular, most fashion shows rely on the stunning photography and imagery to capture attention in the press, and on social media. For truly stunning photographs, it will be necessary to install the most suitable lighting.
- Set the tone or the atmosphere. Lighting is a very powerful tool for any show or event, in that it can help set the tone or the mood of the audience. Good light design will result in an event that runs smoothly and delivers on the atmosphere you want to create.
- General illumination. While light design and stunning light sequences might be necessary for the event or the show itself, there also needs to be some amount of general illumination for your audience and the models, as they navigate when off stage. Good light design will not just focus on the up front stage lighting, but also the lighting in the room as a whole, so that everything works well together in unity.
Why should you choose to work with us?
Here at Light Design, we have a wealth of experience providing high quality lighting solutions for fashion shows and events. Particularly for London Fashion Week. Fashion lighting is something we thoroughly enjoy, and excel at. So what are the advantages of working with us? Well, here are several:
- We will take the time to attend meetings and make sure we understand your ideas and visions before moving forward.
- Our full design and visualisation service allows our clients to pre-visualise events. This helps to spot any errors or changes well in advance, and can make sure that all of your ideas and concepts can be implemented.
- We use the best possible equipment from leading manufactures, so that you will get the best possible result from your lighting.
For more information or advice, get in touch with the professionals today, here at Light Design.