For any live event, theatre show, or dance or music production, you need lights. And lighting in this sense is far more than just making sure your audience can see the stage, and the acts. In fact, lighting itself can be an integral part of the show and help with stage positioning and timing, for the people involved. While also bringing the audiences attention to key features. But this doesn’t happen overnight. Careful planning and consideration is necessary to get the most out of your lighting design. Here at Light Design, we are leading industry specialists. And we can offer a multitude of effective and practical lighting solutions for any live event. As a result, we have produced this guide to the importance of light design for live events.
The importance of light design for live events
Effective light design, and time spent planning the light design, is crucial for a number of reasons. These include:
- matching the lights to elements in the show- if you want to create a fully immersive experience for your audience, matching lighting effects to features of a performance can be incredibly effective. So whether its a crushing guitar solo, a Shakespearean monologue, or a dramatic back flip, the lighting can really add to the drama, and the intensity. And this can really help to captivate your audience.
- lights can help to change the mood- if your show or event is aiming to evoke an emotional response from the audience, the lighting can really help to achieve this. Lighting and colour can help to create a mood, or an atmosphere in the room. And when this is paired with your performance, this can be incredibly effective.
- timing- live performances rely on timing to run smoothly and effectively. With intelligent lighting design, you can use the light effects themselves, as cues for performers on stage. This can help keep your event running smoothly, without errors.
So what does light design for live events involve?
Here at Light Design, we can provide a wide range of products that can help bring your event to life. From intelligent lighting, to LED screens, carbon dioxide and confetti effects, and even staging decks and platforms, we can provide everything you need to make your live event a success. Our careful planning, and lighting design strategies include:
- using 3D pre-visualization software- this helps us work with you, to bring in different elements and effects, exactly when you want them, where you want them. And we can see exactly how the lighting and the special effects will work together. This also helps save time on location, as the lighting can be installed according to the pre-agreed designs.
- types of lighting- we stock a wide range of the highest quality industry standard lighting products. Which are perfect for a range of events. Including performances, fashion shows and weddings. So it’s an important part of the planning process, to choose the most effective type of lighting for your event.
For more information about light design for live events, or any professional lighting queries, get in touch with the experts today, here at Light Design.